AV/IT TECHNICIAN LONDON
At LMA we continually strive to improve student satisfaction; our intake of students is increasing and to support this growth we have an exciting opportunity to join our Tech team at our London campus.
About the Role:
As an AV/IT Technician, you will be responsible for providing a varying level of technical support to both staff and students across our Liverpool campus. You will be required to troubleshoot problems that arise in a performing arts and media environment, which includes (but not limited to) the AV equipment utilised in our Dance, Acting and Film & TV studios.
The salary for this position is £25,000 – 28,000 pa depending on experience.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Organise, Log, maintain & arrange repair for a variety of AV/IT/Music
- Install, configure and maintain audiovisual systems, including projectors, sound systems, displays, and other related hardware.
- Conduct regular inspections, testing, and troubleshooting of audiovisual systems to identify and resolve any technical issues or malfunctions within our studios/classrooms.
- Provide technical support to end-users, troubleshoot issues and offer timely resolutions to audio, visual and IT equipment problems.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of audiovisual equipment, including tracking and managing hires of Camera/AV equipment.
- Stay informed about industry trends and emerging technologies in audiovisual systems, recommending and implementing improvements or upgrades as necessary. This will include contributing to hardware and software update/solutions for our PC and Macs fleets.
- Collaborate with the IT team to provide technical support for general IT infrastructure, including computers, printers, and network connectivity, as
LMA is a specialist Creative Industries Higher Education provider with campuses in Metquarter in the centre of Liverpool and at Here East, the education campus on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London. We currently deliver our BA Hons Acting and Performance at both campuses. LMA is co-owned by internationally renowned singer/songwriter Robbie Williams and is also part of the Galileo Global Education group [GGE] which is one of the largest providers of Higher Education worldwide.
LMA’s aim is to enable all students, irrespective of their backgrounds, to access high quality education and training, preparing them for a successful career in the Creative Industries. Our stated vision – the LMA Way – is to be a “student first” organisation, where both students and staff share the commitment to creating an environment which is courageous, egoless, curious and collaborative. We are an organisation that is passionate about respecting the diversity within our community and supporting all our students and staff to excel.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working with audiovisual technologies and IT systems
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment, including projectors, sound systems, video conferencing systems, and displays.
- Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting audio and video codecs, AV switchers, amplifiers, and other related hardware.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve audiovisual system issues quickly and
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal teams, external vendors, and end-users.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail to maintain accurate equipment inventory and documentation.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, for system installations, upgrades, or event support.
- An enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to work
- An understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An understanding of data protection and confidentiality
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you! What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education communities
- Staff Wellbeing & support services
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th July. Interviews will take place the week beginning 17th July 2023.