HEAD OF DEPARTMENT - ACTING & PERFORMANCE
An exciting opportunity is now available to lead LMA’s Acting and Performance course in London with the creation of a new Head of Department role. LMA has a proven record of delivering high quality courses focused around the Creative Industries. We have high levels of student satisfaction and achievement. Due to this success, and high student demand, we are at another important and exciting point in our development.
For the past three years, the Liverpool and London courses have been successfully led by one person who has overseen provision at both campuses. Given the planned growth and development of the programmes, we are seeking to supplement leadership on the Acting and Performance degree course by appointing a Head of Department based at our London campus. The current Head will continue to lead the Liverpool provision, whilst a new role is now available to lead the course in London and manage the staff team who are based there. This development coincides with the opening of new, expanded facilities at our London campus in September 2023.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate student focused Acting professional with experience in the delivery of Higher Education programmes and knowledge and insight into the needs of the Creative Industries. This non-teaching role involves responsibility for:
- managing and coordinating a team of full time and sessional staff, ensuring that high quality teaching and learning is delivered
- planning and overseeing the delivery of the curriculum and the assessment of students within Acting and Performance
- overseeing and coordinating the delivery of assessed shows and performances
- monitoring and evaluating the performance of the students within the department in order to support their success
- ensuring the success of the programme and that students receive the best experience possible
- working closely with the Head of Department in Liverpool to ensure there is parity of student experience across both campuses
- working with the Heads of Department in other disciplines and the LMA Senior Leadership Team on cross institutional initiatives and activities such as student networking events and external industry engagement
LMA is a specialist Creative Industries Higher Education provider with campuses in Metquarter in the centre of Liverpool and at Here East, the education campus on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London. We currently deliver our BA Hons Acting and Performance at both campuses. LMA is co-owned by internationally renowned singer/songwriter Robbie Williams and is also part of the Galileo Global Education group [GGE] which is one of the largest providers of Higher Education worldwide.
LMA’s aim is to enable all students, irrespective of their backgrounds, to access high quality education and training, preparing them for a successful career in the Creative Industries. Our stated vision – the LMA Way – is to be a “student first” organisation, where both students and staff share the commitment to creating an environment which is courageous, egoless, curious and collaborative. We are an organisation that is passionate about respecting the diversity within our community and supporting all our students and staff to excel.
We are looking for people who have a passion for Acting and Performance and who want to lead the ongoing development of a department which is dedicated to training the next generation of talented performers.
You will possess
- an ability to manage a team of people and resources effectively
- strong leadership and management skills including excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- ability to work collaboratively, to lead and to inspire high quality performance in others
- high levels of motivation with ability to determine and achieve own targets and objectives
- ability to build effective relationships and interact with students, colleagues, external clients, stakeholders and fellow professionals and to work collaboratively
- experience and/or ability to plan, manage and implement change in an academic environment while maintaining the confidence of staff at all levels
- high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment
- good IT and organisational skills
- an understanding of Quality Assurance processes within a Higher Education environment
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education communities
- Staff Wellbeing & support services
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.