IT MANAGER - LIVERPOOL
At LMA we continually strive to improve student satisfaction; our intake of students is increasing and to support this growth we have an exciting opportunity to join our team which covers both Liverpool and London campuses. The role is based in our Liverpool campus.
The salary for this position is £32k – £38k depending on experience.
About the Role
The IT Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation, maintenance, and optimisation of LMA’s IT infrastructure. As a cloud first organisation many of the systems this position is responsible for will be online. The IT Manager will work closely with departments, staff, and students to provide technical support and deliver reliable and efficient IT services.
- Lead the IT team in formulating, implementing, and monitoring IT strategies, policies, and procedures
- Oversee and manage the company’s IT network, security, and communication systems
- Monitor and maintain system performance and security
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Implement and review IT budgets, audits & documentation
- Develop and implement strategies for ensuring data security
- Train staff on new technologies
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in IT Management
- Proven experience in developing and implementing IT strategies
- Knowledge of network and system security
- Strong knowledge of Google Workspace and/or Office 365
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to train out software to the wider LMA team
- Technical Skills: Network and system security, system performance monitoring, database management, software development, cloud computing, system upgrades and infrastructure maintenance, etc.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail to maintain accurate equipment inventory and documentation
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, for system installations, upgrades, or event support
- An enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to work
- An understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An understanding of data protection and confidentiality
What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education communities
- Staff Wellbeing & support services
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.