IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Closing date: Thursday 7th December
Interviews: 14th/15th December
LMA is looking to recruit an IT Support Specialist. Working as part of a small team the postholder will be responsible for administering, supporting and maintaining ICT provision across LMA at both our Liverpool and London campuses. This includes our Google Workspace environment, servers, networking, telephony, software, endpoint devices and student/staff support.
The following tasks are within the overall job role:
- Support across IT services and technologies, including Google, Microsoft and Apple platforms
- Support the ICT development in relation to teaching, learning and administration including
the development of technology led learner support;
- Configure/maintain computer systems, networks and peripherals;
- Evaluating, configuring, packaging and deploying software for use;
- Be responsible for both reactive and proactive maintenance activities;
- Contribute to IT projects when required; and
- Providing technical support for all computer users.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Around 3 years’ demonstrable experience in IT support services or consultancy
- Well-developed network/desktop client troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of LAN & WAN technologies
- Experience in clean workstation installations (tidy cable management for end-user devices,
such as computers, monitors, printers, etc)
- Experience with Google Workspace For Education (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling good verbal and written communication
- Strong organisational skills are necessary with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously
Passion to learn new tech and self-improve
Based at our Liverpool campus but will be required to travel to our London site on occasions.
LMA is a specialist Creative Industries Higher Education provider with campuses in Metquarter in the centre of Liverpool and at Here East, the education campus on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London. We currently deliver our BA Hons Acting and Performance at both campuses. LMA is co-owned by internationally renowned singer/songwriter Robbie Williams and is also part of the Galileo Global Education group [GGE] which is one of the largest providers of Higher Education worldwide.
LMA’s aim is to enable all students, irrespective of their backgrounds, to access high quality education and training, preparing them for a successful career in the Creative Industries. Our stated vision – the LMA Way – is to be a “student first” organisation, where both students and staff share the commitment to creating an environment which is courageous, egoless, curious and collaborative. We are an organisation that is passionate about respecting the diversity within our community and supporting all our students and staff to excel.
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education Communities
- Staff Wellbeing & support services
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.