STUDENT ENGAGEMENT OFFICER - LIVERPOOL
LMA has an exciting opportunity to join our Student Experience team as a Student Engagement Officer with the aim of delivering high levels of engagement for current and prospective students and to ensure overall happiness on the student journey.
About the role:
This is a full time position at our Liverpool campus working closely with the Student Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and supporting activities which increase levels of engagement and enhance student experience. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Attend and co-ordinate recruitment events, locally and nationally
- Create, enhance and maintain links with targeted schools and colleges
- Contribute to and support open days and other cross University recruitment and marketing events
- Produce and manage a variety of enrichment activities that are engaging and fun, ensuring that the impact on the students is evidenced and adds value to an outstanding student experience
- Research, develop and produce materials for welfare tutorials, Google Classroom tutorials, students finance tutorials and deliver tutorials to groups of students at all levels
- Work closely with Student Services and curriculum areas to support activities and events that support students
- Lead on and increase student participation at social activities and events and lead on the management of student sponsored activities
- Coordinate Staff Student Liaison Committee meetings and take minutes as required
The salary range for this position is £23,000 to £25,000pa.
LMA is a specialist Creative Industries Higher Education provider with campuses in Metquarter in the center of Liverpool and at Here East, the education campus on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London. LMA is co-owned by the internationally renowned singer/songwriter Robbie Williams and is also part of the providers of the Galileo Global Education worldwide.
LMA’s aim is to enable all students, irrespective of their backgrounds, to access high quality education and training, preparing them for a successful career in the Creative Industries. Our stated vision- the LMA Way- is to be a ‘’student first’’ orgainsiation, where both students and staff share the commitment to creating an environment which is courageous, egoless, curious and collaborative. We are an organisation that is passionate about respecting the diversity within our community and supporting all our students. and staff to excel.
We are looking for a professional individual with experience of working within professional services in education. Our person specification is as follows:
- Previous experience working within 11-18 education, further education or higher education
- Recognised yoga or fitness teaching qualification
- Experience of working in a student recruitment, outreach or widening participation environment
- Experience of providing information, advice and guidance within a HE context to promote higher education pathways to prospective students
- Confident public speaker with experience of delivering presentations and programmes to a range of audiences
- Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills
- High level of IT proficiency, particularly with Google applications
- Knowledge and understanding of the UCAS admissions and student finance processes
- An understanding of working with young people and vulnerable adults, and on issues relating to safeguarding
- Able to work productively and flexibly as part of a small team
- Able to work independently
- Experience of website management, social media and digital knowledge
What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education communities
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.