STUDENT SERVICE ADVISOR - LONDON
At LMA we continually strive to improve student satisfaction; our intake of students is increasing and to support this growth we have an exciting opportunity to join our Student Services team. The role is based in our London Campus, working closely with the Student Engagement team under the umbrella of Student Experience.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a full time Student Services advisor to join our team, to deliver pastoral support to students via a range of platforms. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Provide an effective and customer-focused frontline support service to students
- Deliver efficient and professional information, advice and support to meet the needs of students on a range of personal, pastoral and academic issues
- Provide a seamless referral service to specialist services
The salary range for this position is £23,000 – £25,000pa.
LMA is a specialist Creative Industries Higher Education provider with campuses in Metquarter in the center of Liverpool and at Here East, the education campus on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London. We currently deliver six degree programmes. LMA is co-owned by the internationally renowned singer/songwriter Robbie Williams and is also part of the providers of the Galileo Global Education worldwide.
LMA’s aim is to enable all students, irrespective of their backgrounds, to access high quality education and training, preparing them for a successful career in the Creative Industries. Our stated vision- the LMA Way- is to be a ‘’student first’’ orgainsiation, where both students and staff share the commitment to creating an environment which is courageous, egoless, curious and collaborative. We are an organisation that is passionate about respecting the diversity within our community and supporting all our students. and staff to excel.
We are looking for a skilled and competent person with experience of working within professional services in education.
You will Possess:
- Experience of providing information, advice and guidance within a HE context to promote higher education pathways to prospective students
- Academic support or teaching experience
- Excellent listening skills
- Understanding of administrative, organisations and time management skills
- High level of IT proficiency, particularly with Google applications
- Knowledge and understanding of the UCAS admissions and student finance processes
- An understanding of working with young people and vulnerable adults and issues relating to safeguarding
- Able to work productively and flexibly as part of a small team
- Able to work independently
What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education communities
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 27th June. Interviews will take place the week beginning July 10th.