At LMA we continually strive to improve student satisfaction; our intake of students is increasing and to support this growth we have an exciting opportunity to join our ITteam which covers both Liverpool and London campuses. The role is based in our Liverpool campus.
About the Role
The Systems Administrator plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation, maintenance, and optimisation of LMA’s IT infrastructure. As a cloud first organisation many of the systems this position is responsible for will be online. The Systems Administrator will work closely with departments, staff, and students to provide technical support and deliver reliable and efficient IT services. The salary for this position is £32,000 – £38,000 pa depending on experience.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Administer, monitor, and maintain LMA’s Google Workspaceenvironment, servers, networks, and associated systems.
- Perform regular system upgrades, patches, and maintenance to ensure optimal performance and security.
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network components.
- Implement and enforce security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls.
User Support and Training:
- Provide technical support to departments, staff, and students, addressing their IT-related issues promptly and effectively.
- Assist users with software installations, network connectivity, and hardware configurations.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate users on IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
System Monitoring and Optimisation:
- Monitor system performance, resource utilization, and network traffic to identify and resolve potential issues.
- Conduct system analysis and performance tuning to optimise efficiency and ensure reliability.
- Proactively identify emerging technologies and recommend improvements to enhance system functionality and security.
Data Backup and Disaster Recovery:
- Develop and implement backup strategies to ensure the integrity and availability of critical data.
- Test and maintain disaster recovery plans to minimise downtime in the event of system failures or emergencies.
- Conduct regular data backups, perform data recovery when required, and ensure backup systems are functioning correctly.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of systems, configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- Generate reports and analyse system data to assess performance, identify trends, and propose solutions.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to develop and update technical documentation and standard operating procedures.
LMA is a specialist Creative Industries Higher Education provider with campuses in Metquarter in the centre of Liverpool and at Here East, the education campus on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London. We currently deliver our BA Hons Acting and Performance at both campuses. LMA is co-owned by internationally renowned singer/songwriter Robbie Williams and is also part of the Galileo Global Education group [GGE] which is one of the largest providers of Higher Education worldwide. LMA’s aim is to enable all students, irrespective of their backgrounds, to access high quality education and training, preparing them for a successful career in the Creative Industries. Our stated vision – the LMA Way – is to be a “student first” organisation, where both students and staff share the commitment to creating an environment which is courageous, egoless, curious and collaborative. We are an organisation that is passionate about respecting the diversity within our community and supporting all our students and staff to excel.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Systems Administrator or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Google Workspace and/or Office 365, Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
- Proficiency in network protocols, security, and infrastructure management.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V) and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Experience with server administration, Active Directory, and DNS management.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with users at all levels of technical expertise.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Google Professional Workspace Administrator
- Professional Certificate, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, CompTIA Network+) are a plus.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail to maintain accurate equipment inventory and documentation.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, for system installations, upgrades, or event support.
- An enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to work
- An understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An understanding of data protection and confidentiality
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer you:
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider LMA and Galileo Global Education communities
- Staff Wellbeing & support services
- 35 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Bonus scheme
- Employer Pension Scheme
LMA is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive work environment for all colleagues.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th July. Interviews will take place the week beginning 10th July.